Everybody knows that insulation can assist in saving energy and also help to lower energy bills. According to the U.S. Department of Energy’s website, heating and cooling account for up to 50% to 70% of the energy used in the average American home. If you want to substantially cut down on energy costs, cutting down on the amount of energy necessary for heating and cooling your home is a good place to begin. Insulation can cut down on average home heating and cooling costs by around 20%. You may even be surprised by just how energy efficient insulation can be. Read on to learn more about some fun facts regarding insulation and energy efficiency. Home Makeover Systems is a top provider of blown in insulation in the Longwood area. If you’re looking online for “insulation companies near me,” call Home Makeover Systems today!
Interesting Facts On Insulation
- Insulation Never Stops Working- No matter if it’s fiberglass, wool, cellulose, or spray foam, insulation functions as energy efficient technologies that, once installed, require no additional energy to save energy. The majority of “energy efficient” products focus on reducing the amount of energy they use, but insulation on the other hand saves energy from being wasted. While there may be some settling that occurs over the years with loose-fill insulation and supplemental insulation may need to be added in order to fill in any gaps, but the original insulation is still working and doesn’t need to be removed or replaced.
- Insulation Is a Powerhouse When Compared to Other Energy Saving Products- According to a study released by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, insulation saves more than 600 times more energy every year than all of the compact fluorescent lights (CFLs), Energy Star Appliances, and Energy Star windows combines.
- Installing Insulation Is Straightforward and Cost Effective- Energy efficiency through insulation in the majority of residential and commercial buildings is the simplest and most cost effective way to reduce energy use and greenhouse gas emissions, which is why you may be looking for “insulation companies near me”!
We Install Blown In Insulation
- Insulation Is Recyclable- The majority of fiberglass and loose-fill insulation such as rock and slag wool products are reusable, and can be removed easily and put back into place.
- Insulation Already In Place Saves a Lot of Energy- All insulation products that are already installed in U.S. buildings in total save consumers around 42% of the energy that would have been consumed with no insulation in place.
- Insulation Production Consumes Very Little Energy- For every BTU (British Thermal Unit- the measure by which energy is calculated) that is utilized in the production of insulation, every single year 12 BTUs are saved through the usage of insulation.
- Insulation Reduces Carbon Dioxide- Currently in U.S. buildings, insulation cuts down on the amount of carbon dioxide by 780 million tons every year- equivalent to the electricity use of more than 90 million homes for a year.
Contact Us Today
Home Makeover Systems is a top provider of blown in insulation and other types of insulation in the Longwood area. If you’re looking online for “insulation companies near me,” call Home Makeover Systems today!